From: [log in to unmask]org [mailto:owner-ncsm-members@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of KAY GILLILAND
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 1:35 PM
To: NCSM Members Listserv
Cc: Ruth Cossey; Rebecca Perry; Catherine Lewis
Subject: [ncsm-members] Re: recruiting for study

This should prove to be an interesting study. I hope you will know teachers who want to participate. Kay

Kay Gilliland and Rhea Babbitt
14240 Skyline Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94619-3626
510/638-6393

On Feb 8, 2013, at 10:39 AM, Catherine Lewis wrote:

Hi Ruth and Kay

We are looking for grade 3-5 teachers and coaches to participate in study of mathematical practice standards (announcement attached, and brief summary below).  Do you know of a listserve, math newsletter, or other places where we might post it—e.g., callifornia NCTM site? I think it will be a great chance to study the mathematical practice standards with other educators.

Grateful for any help you can provide!

Catherine

Mills College Lesson Study Group is recruiting grades 3-5 teachers and mathematics coaches interested in studying and bringing to life the CCSS mathematical practice standards.  This year-long project, funded by the federal Department of Education, will compare two different sets of materials–one from the U.S. and one including “teaching through problem-solving” approaches from Japan.  Participating teachers should be willing to be randomly assigned to either study condition and available for an expense-paid workshop in Chicago July 23-26, 2013, to network with other project participants from around the U.S. Further information is available at http://www.lessonresearch.net/TTP_recruitment_Phase3.pdf

--

Catherine C. Lewis, Ph.D

School of Education

Mills College

5000 MacArthur Blvd.

Oakland, CA 94613

<TTP recruitment Phase 3-coaches2.docx>

"Mathematics is the alphabet with which God has written the universe." -- Galileo Galilei.