VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L: The Vermont Bicycle and Pedestrian Policy Discussion List
Paper circulated to Florida Department of Transportation personnel.
The listing does no address directly walking and bicycling--but with cycle track and pathed roundabouts can we think "Circles of Life versus Signals of Death"?
From Ken Sides, Engineer, Clearwater, FL to Kansas State University Roundabout Listserv:today:
"To: FDOT-DSE; FDOT-DDE; FDOT-DTOE; D7-TRAFFICOPERATIONS
Subject: Must Read - 10 of the most effective remedial crash countermeasures -- Traffic Technology International
Traffic Technology International has a cover story (attached) this month that highlights 10 of the most effective remedial crash countermeasures, in their opinion.
They have taken ideas and highlight crash studies from around the world.
1. Automated enforcement – Victoria, Australia
2. Curve chevrons – North Carolina
3. Retro-reflective markings – Michigan
4. WZ end-of-queue warning system – Texas
5. Transverse rumble strips – Erzgebirge, Germany
6. High friction surface – Kentucky
7. Removal of late-night-flash operation for traffic signals – North Carolina
8. Roundabouts – Wisconsin
9. 20 mph speed zones – London, UK
10. Vehicle activated signs – Surry, UK"
Site keys to July 2013 Traffic Technology International
Burlington, VTBlog: TonyRVT.blogspot.com
WALKABLE, BIKABLE BUSY STREETS FEATURE SIDEWALKED AND CYCLE TRACKED SECTIONS WITH ROUNDABOUTS AT KEY INTERSECTIONS