The decision to merge comes as a. surprise, though economic realities may
well make this the best course.  Perhaps VNRC or VPIRG...or another strong
statewide group may have been more appropriate and lead to a better
outcome.

Unfortunately, Local Motion at best has a mixed record and several
important gaps on both capacity and performance other than as a recreation
path promoter and operator.  It often displays lack of expertise, almost
completely fails to address walk mode needs within the community, has
almost no transparency, no obvious goals and objectives and often adopts
questionable tactics in public policy processes.

It is important that some kind of commitment is provided by LM to address
these shortcomings and VBPC likely abdicates its responsibility to the
walk/bike community by failing to do so.  If something in this regard is
not done, monitored, and followed through, the likely outcome is more
submerger in actual form

          Tony Redington

Cc Policy Group

--
*The Intersection Safety Belt--the roundabout*

Info: TonyRVT.blogspot.com