"Accidents" happen.  There's not much you can do about it.  No one is really at
fault and there's no real way to determine the causes of a an "accident."

"Crashes," on the other hand, are not mysterious.  They have cause, and fault can
often be assigned.  That's why NHTSA properly callsthese unfortunate events
"crashes."

I encourage everyone to use "crash," not "accident."

-Peter

--
Peter K. Duval                         +1 802 899 1132
98 Sleepy Hollow Road                   fax:  899 2430